Looking back at my 2012 web predictions with @haydens30
Just took a look at the email I saved to my dropbox 12/12/2011 for a look back at my 2012 web predictions with @haydens30. I didn't do too bad if maybe 6/12 months early on some.
- Yes. I think we can say social is at a high, not sure if it will go higher or just settle.
- Yes. More learn and bootstrap businesses and ones focusing on profit not user numbers.
- Yes. Not sure they made a backlash but even Rupert Murdoch digital paper has struggled to stay open
- Yes. Cant go a day without someone saying it.
- Yes. And predicted RIM fail, even though was fairly clear, I am happy with it.
Almost time for this years ones. Anyone else?
2012 web predictions In response to Hayden Sutherland ( @haydens30 )
- Social will peak late in the year so we will either have a crash or first it will need stronger understanding of kpis
- New business models that make sense to use for online businesses will become usable. More work practice understanding not money business.
- The first newspaper to fold or stop printing will come and blame online.
- Responsive design will be what it is requested from the start
- More old tech will be abandoned and die. Like adobe giving up flash to progress. Mobile forms of apps will mean you don't need the old legacy option. So RIM and others will fall. "the fall of old to evolution" ie company will build new and let old die
Do you have a project you need to start on?
Send me your suggestion, I always like to hear from people.